The Roxbury Arts Alliance is a volunteer group that has been promoting the arts in and around Roxbury Township, New Jersey since 1997. What began with occasional performances in coffee houses and local houses of worship by several parents of Roxbury HS parents has evolved into year-round programming, classes, and performances. In 2009, we opened The Investors Bank Theater, now home to the Roxbury Performing Arts Center (RoxPAC).
Throughout the years, we have been home to a variety of artistic endeavors, including;
- Music Performance
- Poetry festivals
- Comedy Revues
- Free Summer Concerts, Outdoor in the band shell
- The Annual Summer Beach Blast fundraiser
- Violin recitals
- Songwriter Guild Open Mic Nights
- Preschool graduations
- Multi-Chamber of Commerce Meetings
- Ongoing Art Display
- Radio Shows
- Children’s Entertainers and shows
- Comedy and Drama Performances
The RAA is home to amateur and professional artists alike. While we strive to offer family entertainment with renowned acts at the RoxPAC, the majority of what we do is offer families and their children opportunities to learn about the arts and a venue to see live performances.
But we don’t stop there. Because we want to share our passion and our mission, we often serve as consultants in support of other events in Roxbury, and we work with other organizations to promote an appreciation in the arts throughout Morris County.
The RAA in Education
The Roxbury Arts Alliance continues to support arts, both visual and performing, in our townships public schools. The Roxbury Arts Alliance actively supports the Roxbury Band, Choir, and Dance Programs at the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
The RAA is a large supporter of our home-grown talent.
- Since 1998, RAA has awarded the Roxbury Arts Alliance Scholarship annually to one or more Roxbury High School graduate.
- Through the Art Association of Roxbury, we offer an on-going “art show,” a rotating displaying of artwork by local student and artists that lines the halls of our building.
The Roxbury Performing Arts Center
The RoxPAC is the centerpiece of the Roxbury Arts Plan. The Investors Bank Theatre at 72 Eyland Avenue will accommodate up to 200 patrons for a given performance. RAA is licensed to serve alcohol and food at RoxPAC events*, enabling us to offer adults and their families the full experience of an entertaining evening out.
*The RAA can serve, not sell alcohol. Certain conditions do apply.