Audition scheduling and requirements:
1. Contact Michael at Shows.Raa@gmail.com to schedule your audition. Include preferred audition date & time.
- Sat. 2/19/22 (10am-2pm)
- Sun. 2/20/22 (10am-2pm)
2. Prepare 16+ bars of a song that showcases vocal range. Auditioners must provide tracks for audition vocals.
3. May be asked to do a cold reading(s) from the script
4. Wear proper attire for possible dance/movement audition.
All auditioners WILL be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination/booster.
Weeknight & weekend rehearsals will be held March-May 2022
Performance Dates: May 6, 7, 13 & 14 at 7:30pm with a 3pm matinee on Sunday, May 15, 2022. Auditions, rehearsals & performances will be held at The Investors Bank Theater, 72 Eyland Ave in Succasunna, NJ
*Must be available for ALL performance dates.
ALL Roles Available/Character Descriptions:
- Sister Regina (Mother Superior) Feisty Sophie-Tucker type who cannot resist the spotlight (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Sister Mary Hubert (Mistress of the Novices) The second in command, always competing with Sister Regina. (Soprano)
- Sister Robert Anne- A streetwise tough character from Brooklyn, constant source of aggravation for Mother Superior. Her dream is to be a “STAR” (Mezzo-Soprano)
- Sister Mary Amnesia-Lost her memory when a crucifix fell on her head, very comical and sweet. (Soprano)
- Sister Leo-The novice entered the convent with the firm desire to become the first ballerina nun. Ballet exp. pref. (Soprano)
For additional information, please email Shows.RAA@gmail.com
Performed through special arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Samuel French, Inc.
Nunsense is a hilarious spoof about the misadventures of five nuns trying to manage a fundraiser. Sadly, the rest of the sisterhood died from botulism after eating vichyssoise prepared by Sister Julia Child of God. Thus, the remaining nuns – ballet-loving Sister Leo, street-wise Sister Robert Anne, befuddled Sister Mary Amnesia, the Mother Superior Sister Regina, and mistress of the novices Sister Mary Hubert – stage a talent show in order to raise the money to bury their dearly departed. With catchy songs and irreverent comedy, Nunsense is sure to keep audiences rolling with laughter.
- Book, Music & Lyrics by: Dan Goggin
- Directed by: Michael Schroeder